Studying abroad is not a simple wish and easy task. Many students dream to pursue their higher education in top most reputed universities around the globe. This helps them to expose themselves to international standards with a broader mindset. But, how are parents reacting to student wish of studying abroad.
We solely concentrate and guide Parents to understand how studying abroad help their kids and also how to tackle the situations in a most dignified way. Kadmus have done an enormous research considering various real life scenarios and drafted the following few tips especially for parents to guide their kids better.
The most important and life changing decision made by your kids is to choose to study outside the country which has fair chances for them to settle abroad. As a proud parent, you need to support and stand by your child in helping their dream come true and be a part of their success journey.
Let us focus on some key points, which help you understand and mentor your child better… We have divided our guiding tips into two main parts- Before and After your child leaves abroad for studying.
Part 1: Planning to Study Abroad:
Assess the Mental Determination of your child
- First try to know how strongly your child has determined to study abroad and what motivates him/her to make such decision.
- Be a part of their thinking process and guide them the right way by explaining the pros and cons of the decision they made.
- Make sure to convey them that, you are always with them in each of their future steps.
- Discuss in Detail about their plans and goals of life and which subjects are interested to them.
- Involve keenly in their decision journey and make it clear about the after call situations.
- Assess their goals in a most optimistic way and suggest the tips to achieve them.
Research and Re think
- Once the decision to study abroad is finalizes, make sure to do a deep research regarding the same.
- Research about the different universities, fee structures, campus life , country, culture etc more precisely
- Also assess the financial and family capability to handle the study expenses.
- Make a list of the interested universities and study in detail
- Consult family and friends whose kids are already studying abroad and understand what they have encountered in the process. Learn from their experiences.
- As a parent it is your responsibility to research about the courses your child is interested in, the universities they have been talking about and the kind of lifestyle they would most thrive in.
Reach out for a Professional Counseling
- Kadmuss helps you to analyze the situation better with a free counseling and make your job simple in choosing the right university for your child depending upon your interest and choice
- We help you understand an overall scenario right from the applying the universities to till selections
- We explain in detail about the cost estimates including accommodation, health, food and travel along with the study expenses.
Plan, Prepare and Proceed:
- After successfully analyzing everything, Plan your actions in an orderly format and complete the procedures step by step.
- Make a list of universities to apply and start the necessary exam preparations or applying procedures.
- Plan your travel and Visa procedures also before hand
- Take care of your child’s health and make sure he/she undergoes regular health check including eye sight and dental checkup. Give them the required vaccines, boosters and regular medicines list.
- Educate them to sustain themselves like learning simple dishes to cook, washing clothes and utensils.
- Travel and Health insurance is a must to do activity
- Sign-up and enroll in safety programs of respective country
- Help your kids to attend safety demo classes in order to understand their visiting country’s principles and policies or Dos and DONTs.
- Spend the most quality time with your kids and cherish the moments.
- Plan short vacations before they leave and gift them with the necessities they require once they fly
Part 2: After Your Child Reaches his Destination to Study:
- Know about his whereabouts like where he is residing, nearby land marks, communication numbers like whatsapp, phone call, Skype, Facebook etc
- Collect his/her friends and Roommates contact numbers along with the authorities’ numbers.
- Set up a fixed time to communicate with your kid regularly
- Get information about their experiences and fears
- Learn the ways to send money to them
- Attend their calls during the initial days without fail
- Assign them with your known friends or families who stays in nearby places to check with them regularly
- Advise them to be safe and alert all through their ways
- Know about their new friends and relationships with localities
- Assure them that your financial support is there for them at any point of time and also warn them not to over spend.
- Help them in choosing the better part time jobs with your suggestions
- Act like more a friend than family while listening to their new experiences
Kadmus wishes ALL THE VERY BEST to each and every parent of studying abroad aspiring student and we proudly say that we can be a part of your success journey by helping you in each and every single step you take towards your child’s growth.