About Italy – Kadmuss Overseas Consultancy Hyderabad
Italy, a European country with a long Mediterranean coastline, has left a powerful mark on Western culture and cuisine. Its capital, Rome, is home to the Vatican as well as landmark art and ancient ruins. Other major cities include Florence, with Renaissance masterpieces such as Michelangelo’s “David” and Brunelleschi’s Duomo, Venice, the city of canals, and Milan, Italy’s fashion capital.
Italy has the third largest economy in the Eurozone and the eighth largest in the world. It has a very high level of human development and is ranked sixth in the world for life expectancy. The country plays a prominent role in regional and global economic, military, cultural and diplomatic affairs, and it is both a regional power and a great power.
- 58 state universities – public entities endowed with scientific, teaching, managerial, financial and book-keeping autonomy
- 17 non-state universities – legally recognized by the state
- 2 universities for foreigners – specialized in teaching/ research for development of Italian language, literature, culture
- 6 higher education schools – specialized in postgraduate university studies
- 6 telematic universities
The non-university sector includes four education typologies and their education institutions:
- Higher schools of design: polytechnics for the arts, academies of fine arts, national academies, higher institutes or applied arts, higher institutes for musical & choreographic studies
- Higher integrated education (FIS): programs of higher technical education & training (IFTS)
- Higher education in language mediation: education institutions for language mediators
- Specific fields (e.g. archiving, military studies, restoration)
Dialing code: +39
Capital and largest city: Rome
Basically there are two intakes for Study in Italy.
• September (Major intake)
First academic year is generally starts in the month of September and October while it ends in January or in February.
However, the second semester starts in February and lasts in July.